Groovin' Wedding Information
804.868.8900 | www.groovingourmets.com
Groovin’ Gourmets is a full-service caterer dedicated to creating delicious and memorable cuisine that inspires you to enjoy each and every moment. Since 1999, we’ve maintained the belief that a well-executed catering experience should speak to our clients’ hearts, minds and souls long after the event is over. Because the food you serve your guests is a reflection of you, as your catering partner we focus on personalized and attentive service. In everything we do, our inventive, high-quality menus and ingredients couple with seamless execution to ensure you and your guests are taken care of with every detail — and bite.
As your culinary partner, Groovin’ Weddings takes the stress out of your event planning and manages every dining detail, so the food you serve reflects your vision of a perfect wedding. From planning table settings and service preferences to customizing menus and unique dishes, our dedication and passion enables you to truly create — and enjoy — the wedding of your dreams. By choosing Groovin’ Gourmets, you can celebrate your wedding day knowing you and your guests will be pampered with an experience you’ll passionately remember for a lifetime.
Groovin’ Weddings focuses on customizing every wedding to ensure a true reflection of your specific day. To best serve your needs, we suggest considering the following points before contacting us:
- Decide on a budget.
- Pick a date and time of day.
- Estimate your guest count.
- Choose a venue (see list below for suggestions).
- Determine your desired service style.
- Review the following pages for ideas and inspiration! Don’t feel limited by what you see listed here, as our menu is meant as a starting point for your perfect day.
Once you know your preferences, call Groovin’ Gourmets at 804.868.8900 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and set up an appointment with one of our wedding coordinators. Our meeting times are flexible and can accommodate your schedule, including evenings and weekends.
As our client, you can expect the following service:
- First-Time Consultation: Your first meeting with us typically lasts from 30 to 60 minutes and can be conducted over the phone or in person. We will learn about you as a couple, discuss your vision for your reception and determine how we may be of service.
- Customized Proposal: Following your initial consultation, your Groovin’ coordinator will customize your event proposal. Due to the personalized details of your unique catering experience, your coordinator may take up to one week to complete your proposal. Event Review: Upon receiving your proposal, your wedding coordinator will be available to you to make any necessary updates and ensure our vision of your wedding truly reflects your needs.
- Scheduled Tasting: Our complimentary tastings are a way to make certain you select your desired dining experience. You may elect to have a tasting either before or after you sign a contract and provide a deposit, and we can accommodate a time and date that works best for you.
- Contract: Once all the details are specified to your needs, we will secure your event date with a contract for you to sign and return with your deposit. If your event details change along the way, the contract is flexible and can accommodate your needs should they evolve.
- On-Site Planning: A few months prior to your wedding date, your wedding coordinator will set up a time to walk through the site with you and finalize your catering details, including the floor plan, timelines and any special needs.
- Final Review: Approximately two weeks before your wedding, you and your coordinator will review and finalize all details.
On-Site Service: On your wedding day, your coordinator will be on-site for a portion of the day to support our talented and experienced service staff while they prepare for your reception.
Styles of Service
At Groovin’ Weddings, we believe the service style you select helps set the tone for your entire event, so choosing the right style is an important component of your catering experience.
As your event partner, we focus on catering to the breadth of your reception preferences and can accommodate various service styles, such as:
- Stationary Hors d’Oeuvres - Plattered hors d’oeuvres make food easily accessible for guests and can be a component of a larger dining experience or the only service style throughout the event.
- Passed Hors d’Oeuvres - Passed hors d’oeuvres add an extra touch of service for your guests and can serve as either part of a cocktail hour or a component of an entire hors d’oeuvres reception.
- Action Stations - Entice and entertain your guests with a chef-staffed action station, which is an interactive way to creatively present foods cooked to order.
- Buffet Meals - A popular service style, this economical option allows your guests to choose from a range of dishes and select their meal of choice.
- Family Style Meals - A unique alternative to the plated meal, family-style service involves larger dishes of entrées and sides placed on each table for all guests to share.
- Plated Meals - Typically reserved for the most formal weddings, this service style allows your guests to be completely pampered with seated table service. Choosing this option also requires you to have more personnel on staff to accommodate dining needs, since all food and beverage service is delivered to your seated guests.
Please advise your coordinator of any specialty dietary needs when planning your menu. We have extensive experience accommodating gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan needs, along with various food allergies.
Deposits and Payments:
In order to secure our services and book your date, we require a signed contract with a 25 percent deposit. Your initial deposit is for reserving your date only and does not lock you into a guest count or menu. Event and menu updates can continue to be made along the way.
We also request a second deposit, 25 percent of the total fee, no later than 30 days prior to your event. Final balances are due three business days prior to your wedding day.
All deposits are non-refundable upon receipt. We accept American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, personal checks, cashier’s checks and cash. Credit card payments of $1,000.00 or more will be subject to a 3 percent credit card processing fee.
Postponements and Cancellations:
In the unfortunate circumstance that your event is postponed, we will attempt to accommodate your new date to the best of our ability.
If you postpone your event less than 30 days prior, the event total will be subject to a 10 percent rebooking fee. If you postpone your event less than three days prior, but more than 24 hours in advance, the event total will be subject to a 25 percent rebooking fee. Events postponed less than 24 hours in advance will be considered cancelled and must be rebooked.
Should you need to cancel your event, any deposits received up to the cancellation cannot be refunded.
Pricing and Fees:
All of our custom proposals include line-item pricing, meaning you are able to see exactly how much you will pay for a certain quantity of food. Since food items are ordered and billed based on the actual food quantity (not a guest count), we do not automatically include overages. Your wedding coordinator will be happy to advise you on how much food you need for your event.
As part of our line-item pricing, we do not have an “across-the-board” service charge, corkage fee or cake cutting fee. Also, we see gratuity as a “thank you” for excellent service and never automatically include this on your invoice.
Due to the customized nature of our menus and services, we are not able to quote a “standard” price. Your coordinator will be happy to recommend menu and service options based on your budget.
For your reference, we have included some pricing outlines in each respective section. If you are attempting to estimate a ballpark figure from these numbers, please be sure to include all of your reception details, including rentals, staff, beverages and any extras you may want to incorporate.
Here at Groovin’, we are not only known for our outstanding cuisine, but also the exemplary service accompanying our fare. Because our goal is to make your catering experience as easy as possible, we are happy to provide you with all of the service staff needed to make your event a success, from chefs to bartenders to servers. All Groovin’ staff are in-house and never brought in from a third-party company. We maintain high service standards and ensure each staff member is experienced, professional, friendly and happy to help you with whatever you may need. For formal events, our staff wears black on black with a copper-colored tie. Does copper clash with your theme? Our staff can wear a tie that matches the colors in your wedding — just ask!
Service staff rates begin at $5.00 per guest.
We are happy to accommodate a wide range of beverage options. Below is a sampling of available beverage services:
- Freshly Brewed Sweet Tea and Unsweetened Tea
- Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite and Sprite Zero
- Water (Filtered and Bottled)
- Cranberry, Pineapple, Punch
- Orange and Apple Juice
- Coffee and Tea
- Espresso Bar
- Budweiser, Bud Light, Heineken and Amstel Light
- Red and White Wines
- Prosecco and Champagne
- Full Bar (Call and Premium Liquor)
- Custom Signature Drinks
For a current selection of the beverages we offer, please contact a Groovin’ wedding coordinator. As with everything we do, beverage options can be customized to meet your special requests. Should you want to provide your own beverages for your event, your coordinator will be happy to discuss with you recommended brands and quantities.
Beverage service begins at $2.00 per guest for non-alcoholic beverages and $10.00 per guest for bar service.
With access to a large and diverse inventory, your coordinator can easily recommend appropriate linens, china and glassware to enhance your event.
Linen rates begin at $18.00 per linen. Full rentals (including china, glassware, and flatware) begin at $10.00 per guest.
Looking for something a little less formal? We also have upscale disposable paper products available in clear and black, beginning at $1.85 per guest.
Need a chocolate fountain, A/V equipment, flowers, entertainment or more? Your wedding coordinator can help!